Continuous Internal Assessment
The college conducts three C.I.A. tests per semester in a centralized manner.
- Attendance in all the three C.I.A. tests is compulsory.
- Progress Reports are sent to the parents after each of these tests. Parents /Guardians are advised to note the performance of their wards and take remedial measures if needed.
- Students must take these tests seriously.
- A student must secure a minimum of 20 marks out of 45 in the C.I.A. Tests I & II and 30 marks out of 75 marks in the C.I.A. Test III (Model examinations).
- Absentees and failures have to answer the respective question papers and submit them to the faculty concerned within one week after the distribution of the answer scripts (This assignment will not be valued under 5 marks criteria).
- Internal marks will not be given to the absentees and a fine of Rs.50 /- per paper will be collected from each absentee.
- The final internal marks are calculated on the basis of the marks secured in the C.I.A. tests.
- The test papers are distributed to students after every internal test.
- The student shall go through the answer script and acknowledge the marks secured and return the paper to the faculty concerned.
- The test papers are preserved in the Departments till the end of the academic year.
- Retests are conducted for the students who have availed medical leave on genuine grounds and for the students who have represented the College in NSS, NCC, Sports and Yoga. For the students who attend placement interviews on the exam days shall be permitted to write the retest.
University examinations are conducted at the end of every semester
- External examination is of three hours duration for all the theory papers.
- Students should satisfy the eligibility criteria of 75% attendance in each Semester and required pass percentage in the Continuous Internal Assessment (C.I.A.) to appear for University Examinations.
- The payment of Condonation Fee is restricted to students who have taken leave for genuine reasons. The decision of the Principal is final.
A student must have done a minimum of 75% of the list of practical’s arranged by the faculty concerned in order to appear for the University Practical Examinations. The minimum marks required for pass is the same as for the theory papers.
Supplementary Examinations will be held by Bharathiar University for final year regular students who have appeared and failed in any one of the Semester theory papers within one month.
|1||C .I. A. Tests I& II (Best out of two)||10 Marks|
|2||C. I. A. Test III||10 Marks|
|3||Assignment / Seminar||05 Marks|
|1||C .I. A. Tests I& II (Best out of two)||05 Marks|
|2||C. I. A. Test III||10 Marks|
|3||Assignment /||05 Marks|
Portions of C.I.A & Marks
|C. I. A Test I||Units I & II||45|
|C. I. A Test II||Units III & IV||45|
|C. I. A Test III||Unit V and Full Portions||75|
Progress reports of C.I.A. tests are dispatched to parents within one week of completion of the tests.
Academic performance of students is evaluated both by Continuous Internal Assessment (C.I.A.) and Semester Examinations. The following is the ratio of marks allotted for C.I.A. and University Examinations.
|Courses||C. I. A||University Examination||Total|
|UG & PG||25 Marks||75 Marks||100 Marks|
- As per the University norms, students who have failed will be permitted to appear for the papers based on the syllabus in force at the time of admission for a period of two years from the year of normal completion of the same course. Hence for U.G. it would be 3+2years; for P.G. 2+2years and for M.Phil. (regular) 1+2years.
- Re-totaling is permitted for U.G. students who apply for it within the stipulated time on payment of prescribed fee allotted by Bharathiar University.
- Revaluation is permitted only for the papers written in regular U.G. examinations and not for arrear examinations.