Candidates with a minimum of 50% marks in PG degree be permitted to register for M.Phil., / Ph.D. (Full Time / Part time programs). Further Those who have secured lesser than 55% (except SC/ST) of marks and got admitted are specifically informed that they are not eligible for teaching positions as per UGC and State Government Norms.
Further those who are working as (Full time Research Assistants / Project fellows / JRF / SRF in time bound Research schemes or one year duration or more in University Departments.
(a).Research departments of Affiliated Colleges / Recognized Research Institutions are eligible for admission.
(b).Candidates belonging to the following categories are eligible to register for M.Phil. (Part-Time) program.
- Any person employed in any concern / organization / institution situated within the jurisdiction of the State of Tamilnadu or Research Institutions situated outside the State of Tamilnadu recognized by Bharathiar University with a minimum of 50% of Marks in the Master’s Degree. Such candidates shall produce a No Objection Certificate from the Employer or Head of the Institution (in case of Educational Institutions).
- Candidates working in colleges affiliated to Universities other than Bharathiar University have to produce a No Objection Certificate from the Head of the Institution / University.
- If the recognized guides are available in the non-lab oriented subjects in the affiliated colleges, the candidates may be registered for the P.T. programme in the non-lab oriented subjects.
M.Phil. : Full – Time
The duration of the M.Phil Full-Time program shall extend over a period of one academic year (twelve months) consisting of two semesters commencing from 1st September.
M.Phil. : Part – Time
The duration of the M.Phil Part-time program shall extend over a period of two academic years commencing from 1st September. The maximum period for completion of the M.Phil program is two years in the case of Full – time candidates, and three years in the case of Part-Time candidates.
- Course I: Research Methodology (Research Methods of the concerned discipline)
- Course II: Advanced course in the concerned discipline
- Course III: Special Paper (Pertaining to the area of specialization chosen by the candidate / Guide’s specialization)
Course Introduction & Job Opportunities
The course of study for the M.Phil program shall consist of three written papers under Part I and a Dissertation under Part II of the program.
Opportunities In Private Sector
Bio con, Ranbaxy, Eli-Lily, Dr.Reddy’s Laboratory, Thyrocare, IBM-Wipro Life science, TCS- Life science, Reliance Research, Infosys Life Science, Perot System, VWR
Opportunities In Government Sector
DRDO, CCMB, BARC, CFTRI, ICAR
Research Based Library (For Microbiology & Biotechnology)
Coaching Students For CSIR / UGC NET / GATE Exams